Child Custody Attorney in Marietta
Protect Your Parental Rights & Privileges
Call (888) 808-1151 for a FREE Consultation
When your rights as a parent are on the line, do not approach this upcoming legal matter lightly. Our Marietta divorce lawyer is ready to guide your steps and help protect your family for years to come. Choose to work with The Herrin Law Firm, P.C. today!
- We offer free consultations to discuss your situation in private.
- We proudly represent fathers and mothers in custody matters.
- We have a proven record with tough custody issues.
- We are backed by countless satisfied clients.
- We offer aggressive, yet compassionate counsel to all.
Whether you are moving forward as a single parent or you are planning on taking care of your children jointly, we can be trusted to be your legal support. Regardless of your decisions for your family, we can inform you of our professional opinions that can help protect your entire family for years to come. With our Marietta custody attorney at your side, you won't have to face this difficult transition period alone.
If you are attempting to create a favorable child custody arrangement and you are in need of legal assistance, contact our firm at (888) 808-1151 today!
“Parisa had represented me to protect my rights as a father
and without her consistent best effort during my case I would not be able to spend any time with my son. I was able to accomplish joint legal and physical custody when 90% of fathers in Georgia have no physical custody.”
“I think The Herrin Law Firm is the best choice for this type of case in any given situation. My research has definitely paid off.
I've seen Parisa in action before and it's beyond impressive.”
“She was on the ball 100% of the time before, during, and after the case. I was absolutely amazed at how knowledgeable she was and how well she held herself together. She has treated all of us like family during this entire procedure and we all love her like family.”
“Parisa represented my nephew in an emergency custody hearing. She was so helpful, kind, caring and most important intelligent and professional. She by far is the best! If I ever need legal representation I will call on her.”
How is custody determined in Georgia?
Upon filing for a divorce, both spouses will have an opportunity to create a child custody arrangement outside of court. If the couple cannot create an agreement that is in the best interests of the minor child, the state family courts may intervene and make a child custody order on behalf of the separating couple. The courts will determine child custody based on what is in the best interests of the child.
Factors that can be used to determine child custody may include:
- Who has more time available for parenting the children
- Who provides primary care
- Work schedules
- Who provides more stability
- Which parent is more capable of providing for the children
- The age of the spouses and the children
- The desires of the children (if of age)
- Other factors considered by the courts
Types of Child Custody Arrangements
There are various forms of child custody, and each has its own set of responsibilities and duties. In the State of Georgia, the following child custody arrangements can be made among separating couples. The types of child custody include:
- Legal custody - refers to which parent has the responsibility of making important legal decisions on behalf of the child, including health care, religious affiliation, education, and other decisions
- Physical custody - refers to which parent has the responsibility of caring for the child in a primary physical residence
- Primary (sole) custody - refers to one parent having sole custody of the child and taking on all responsibilities associated with legal and physical custody
- Joint (shared) custody - refers to both parents sharing custody of the child and sharing the responsibilities associated with legal and physical custody
In addition to these child custody plans, divorcing parents can also establish parenting plans or visitation schedules. With the help of an attorney, you can reach a mutually agreeable plan that can uphold the best interests of your child or children.
Call The Herrin Law Firm, P.C. at (888) 808-1151 Today
If you need assistance arranging a child custody agreement for your family in Georgia, there is no other law firm to choose than The Herrin Law Firm, P.C. Our Marietta divorce attorney exclusively practices family and matrimonial law, devoting every aspect of our practice to protecting your rights as a parent. We strive to protect the very unique dynamics in your family and can be trusted to preserve these ties as you move forward in this new chapter of life.
Contact The Herrin Law Firm, P.C. today to request your free case consultation.
“After 20+ years of marriage, my ex-husband and I finally agreed to go our separate ways.”- Izzybc
“Parisa Herrin and her paralegal Amy Brown are the absolute dream team”- Anonymous
“They listened intently to what I needed and stood up for me”- Kristen LaRocque
“Parisa and her team are highly knowledgeable and professional.”- Jeff Sellars
Help In Your Time of Need
During this difficult time you need aggressive, experienced and responsive legal support.
The Rules When Facing Divorce
During these trying times, learn what the best course of action is.
Schedule Your Free Evaluation
Get started on the correct path by speaking with us.