Our Marietta Child Support Lawyers
Protect Your Rights & Best Interests
Call (888) 808-1151 for Personalized Legal Counsel
Why You Need The Herrin Law Firm, P.C. at Your Side
- We offer initial, free, confidential 30-minute consultations.
- We go to bat for our clients and represent both payees and payers of child support.
- We are backed by countless glowing client testimonials.
- We answer your questions and keep you informed from start to finish.
- We operate behind the scenes just as much as we advocate on your behalf in court.
- We strike a balance between compassionate and aggressive representation.
- We wholeheartedly pursue the best possible outcome every time.
Without the right legal representation, a child support issue can create friction between all members of the family. In some instances, the friction could cause permanent fractures or fissures between former spouses. The resulting emotional and psychological damages could be experienced by an entire family.
When emotions run high, we are here to help.
Some of the most hotly debated issues during a divorce will almost always involve minor children and financial matters. In certain circumstances, determining the need, amount, and duration of child support will combine two of the most contentious topics in a divorce. For many families, this could be a recipe for disaster.
Our Marietta divorce attorney at The Herrin Law Firm, P.C. completely understands the difficult nature of child support issues. Our entire legal team can be trusted to inform you of your rights at this time. By retaining our law firm, you will always be working side by side with an experienced and compassionate legal professional who is solely devoted to making certain that your rights are completely protected and your family's integrity remains intact.
Georgia Family Courts:
What You Need to Know About Child Support
In order to calculate the amount of child support a parent could receive in the State of Georgia, there are specific guidelines to which separating couples must adhere. Provided by the Georgia Child Support Commission, the guidelines can be used to determine a fair amount of child support. The guidelines are based on an "income shares model," which calculates what the child would have been receiving if both parents were living under the same roof and using a combined income to provide for the child.
Factors for determining the amount of child support a parent could receive may include:
- Gross income of both parents (including salary, wages, commission, gifts, bonuses, overtime, severance, retirement, interest, and other income)
- Self-employment income
- If one parent is paying a preexisting child support order
- If one parent is supporting his or her children living in the home who are not the subject of the support case or a preexisting child support order
- Healthcare insurance premiums or other work-related child care costs
- Other special circumstances, including educational expenses or other special needs
The amount of child support will range case by case. Because families are unique and each has their own set of needs, we make sure to honor and protect the integrity of every person we represent. When you come to The Herrin Law Firm, P.C., you won't be treated as just another file or case. You can receive the close, one-on-one, personalized attention that you deserve.
Every Family & Case is Unique.
Demand Tailored Solutions Today.
If you are seeking a fair child support arrangement or you are in need of a modification in a preexisting child support agreement, please contact our office today. Attorney Parisa N. Herrin has proudly helped men and women throughout the Atlanta metropolitan area create mutually agreeable child support arrangements that satisfy the financial needs and boundaries of all parties involved in a divorce.
“After 20+ years of marriage, my ex-husband and I finally agreed to go our separate ways.”- Izzybc
“Parisa Herrin and her paralegal Amy Brown are the absolute dream team”- Anonymous
“They listened intently to what I needed and stood up for me”- Kristen LaRocque
“Parisa and her team are highly knowledgeable and professional.”- Jeff Sellars
Help In Your Time of Need
During this difficult time you need aggressive, experienced and responsive legal support.
The Rules When Facing Divorce
During these trying times, learn what the best course of action is.
Schedule Your Free Evaluation
Get started on the correct path by speaking with us.